The Cabot Learning Federation was successful in its application and was designated as one of the first Teaching Schools on September 1 2011. Our belief is that we should attempt to emulate the best practice of teaching hospitals where we blend high quality sector delivery with high quality training and development to create a genuine learning community for adults and students. We have built our teaching school vision around eight core strands:
- Teaching School Infrastructure and the Key Performance Indicators
- Teachers for Tomorrow Programme
- Initial Teacher Training including School Direct Placements
- Newly Qualified Teacher Development and support
- CPD and Leadership Development
- National College Leadership Curriculum under license by Cabot Learning Federation
- School to School Support & SLE
- Research and Development
The Cabot Learning Federation were asked to present a showcase session at The Schools Network national conference in 2011. The conference theme was “Every child has talent”. See the full showcase video below.
The CLF conference is an annual event that allows teachers and staff from across the federation to joiin together and hear from key speakers and take part in activities to help with professional development. See below the video from our 2011 conference.